Re: 2.1.90 dies with many procs procs, partial fix

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@fys.ruu.nl)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 20:36:22 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, Finn Arne Gangstad wrote:

> I haven't got to the bottom of this yet, but if you compile
> 2.1.90 with the following files from 2.1.89, the kernel works
> somewhat better:
>
> linux/fs/buffer.c
> linux/include/linux/swap.h
[snip]

Well, Linus, Stephen and I all contributed patches to at
least some of these files...
I've got a weird feeling that there's some strange interaction
going on between the changes we made :-(
The good news is that we're working on it, if you could do
some detective work, we'll do some reprogramming.
(any other detectives out there?)

Rik.