Re: 2.1.90 oops to go, drive through

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 15:51:53 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Elliot Lee wrote:

>I run following program for ten seconds and got a nice set of gpf's.
>
>It creates them here, at least (I *hope* my custom egcs optimizations
>aren't the problem! :-)
>
>Hope this helps find some problems - it's similar to crashme, but it
>directly tests random system calls instead of running random code.

And so it can destroy all data on your system if it run as root or only
the user data if it run as normal user (it' s better to run the program as
nobody! I realizet this only after looking at the source so now is
running as "andrea" ;-((, hoping to be lucky...).

On my 2.1.90 SMP kernel the child process hang and can' t be killed
anymore (reproducible in some seconds).

root@dragon:/home/andrea/devel# ps xaulfww | egrep tipsy\|PRI
FLAGS UID PID PPID PRI NI SIZE RSS WCHAN STA TTY TIME COMMAND
40 1000 7771 1 94 120 732 352 R N p0 14:04 /home/andrea/devel/tipsy
^^^??
Andrea[s] Arcangeli