Re: 2.0.33 bzImage booting errors

George Bonser (grep@oriole.sbay.org)
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 16:08:02 -0800 (PST)

If it is any comfort to you, I have one that does the same thing. Old
Calvin does not like bzimage at all. I have linux running on 4 systems
here, only the one does that. Does yours do that with only 2.0.33 or with
any kernel?

The old system that does this is a P60 5-volt Acer manufactured
motherboard Piece-o-Crap sold as a Compudyne. I think CompUSA has them on
perpetual clearance. I bought that one three years ago and they still had
them at the same price last year.

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Edward R. Hartmann wrote:

> Iv come upon a rather interesting error... Whenever I compile my kernel
> as bz rather than z, upon rebooting, the system will say "Loading linux"
> as normal, then about a quarter second later, the system preforms a hard
> reboot. (counts up memory, verify's disks, etc.)
> No matter what options i have turned on/off, it still does this.
> I was wondering if this is a known bug that happens occasionally, or if
> its just my box that this happens on.

George Bonser
Just be thankful that Microsoft does not manufacture pharmaceuticals.
http://www.debian.org