Re: 2.1.xx and ftape/zftape

Tom Diehl (tdiehl@pil.net)
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 13:09:49 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, tzanger wrote:

> (most interested in zftape, but ftape has the same problem)
>
> Has anyone succeeded in compiling ftape 3.03a or zftape-1.06a with the 2.1.x
> kernels? I get "incompatible types in assignment" (mostly in
> kernel-interface.c which I would imagine is expected, lol) where zftape
> tries to deal with the variable 'current' which I am having great difficulty
> finding its definition.
>
> I know things have changed dramatically from the 1.2.x kernels, and any
> help, even to say "it ain't gonna happen" would help immensely :-)

The latest ftape is 3.04d. As I understand it that works for 2.0 and 2.1
kernels ( I use it for 2.0). 3.03a is ancient and zftape is now part of the
ftape driver.

Hope this helps.

......Tom "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
tdiehl@pil.net for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Unix IS user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.