Re: Laptop APM failure

Tomasz Kepczynski (tomkep@globalnet.co.uk)
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 14:14:34 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Dave Wreski wrote:

> Using even the latest kernel my laptop won't shut down the display. It does
> work in windows, so I'd like to get it working in Linux as well. It is a
It has never worked for me...

> Compaq LTE5300, 133Mhz, Cirrus Logic 7543 PCI video. It also no longer turns
> off the power upon halting the machine. It did do that in earlier kernels.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I am not sure if it is a problem
with kernel. I upgraded recently to RH 5.0 (from 4.1) and at this point it
stopped to work. I've got the same kernel configuration (as far as APM is
concerned) as before and it simply displays "System halted" and wants me
to do the job... Maybe it's glibc to blame?
BTW I use 2.0.33.
Machine type is 6200T (and it means nothing). I don't want to repeat
what is already there in my previous posting (kernel hangs during PCI
probing), but if you want it - say so.
Tomek