Re: Printing with HP720C

Mark Gray (markgray@iago.nac.net)
20 Mar 1998 15:07:00 -0500

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <linux@linux.net.eu.org> writes:

> Recently I bought an HP720C printer. But I cannot print under Linux. Is
> there any driver for this printer? Does anyone going to build a driver?
>
> Thank you very much
>
> N.P.

There is a ghostscript driver for the HP820C printer that has been
written -- I am not sure whether HP is using the same control commands
for all their "brain damaged WinPrinters" but you might check out:

ftp://ftp.ig.utexas.edu/outgoing/scottk/820C/gdev820c.tar

(or somewhere thereabouts -- the announcement was made Dec 17 of last
year so things may have changed.)