Re: 2.1.90 network layer again not responsive

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 18:01:18 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, David S. Miller wrote:

>Your suggested change makes delayed ACK's not happen at all, causing
>us to ACK every single data packet all the time, so it is not correct
>either.

Thanks for the interesting info, excuse me for my little knowledge about
tcp implementation and so about the existence of delayed ACKs...

>I welcome someone to come up with a heuristic which preserves the
>current behavior for bulk data transfer, yet ACK's a bit more quickly
>for interactive sessions. ;-) Delayed ACK'ing strategies are an
>interesting problem to solve completely.

Now I have understand the point and I agree with 2.1.90 too ;-).

Andrea[s] Arcangeli