Re: Puzzeling 2.1 boot messages

Marcus Berglund (mabs@diesel.net.au)
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 20:47:09 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Tim Waugh wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Marcus Berglund wrote:
>
>> 2.0.xx doesn't need to be told...
>> Mr. Joe Computer user who upgrades to the soon to be 2.2 will be lost to
>> why his parallel port doesn't work, and since he needs to do a lot of
>> printing, he may just give up...
>
>It isn't possible detect the IRQ when the port's in SPP mode, but that
>shouldn't stop anything from working (lp should revert to polling mode).
>What exactly "refuses to work"?

I just get waiting for response from printer (or similar) errors, timeouts
with plip, you get the idea...

And no auto-detection happens in any port mode, it just says that it's an
SPP mode port, hardware problem?

The difference between genius and stupidity
is that genius has it's limits.
Marcus Berglund, VK3TST.
Linux / Unix System Administrator
Bendigo, Victoria, Australia.