Re: version control garbage in 2.1.90

David S. Miller (davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com)
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 19:18:58 -0800

From: miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)
Date: 19 Mar 1998 00:46:15 +0100

>Hey, I figure everyone who contributes as much as "davem" is
>entitled to do mass updates of version strings if they want to!

Yes but Albert posts in the newsgroups (even FreeBSD groups!) the
most so it should be "acalahan" instead of "davem".

Fact is the networking code is maintained via vger these days.
The IP layers use version control strings so I know what happened
when.

If the MASQ code maintainer wants an account on vger so his username
appears when he does changes to the MASQ code, he just needs to get in
touch with me.

But my name is going to appear there should I make network layer
interface changes which require that I make changes to the MASQ code
so it continues to compile and work ;-)

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com