Re: Off topic - remote power management what do you do?

Art Stine (abstine@mindspring.com)
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 13:25:27 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Jason Venner wrote:

> I have some server machines that are somewhat remote from the location
> where there are people.
>
> Every now and then I need to power them off and or power them on
> again.
>
> What do people use to remotely turn machines off and or on?

Get ahold of some X-10 boxes... you'll need a controller unit and one or
power of the appliance units to plug your systems into. At work, we do
this in order to reboot a variety of boxes (we have some python/perl
scripts that send the actual commands to the X-10 controller).

-art