Re: New Feature Idea: Configurable text(msgs)

daniel.c.sikorski.1 (motomo@purdue.edu)
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:33:18 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Adam Heath wrote:

> During a irc session, I came up with a bright idea to be able to change the
> text, "core dump," either at compile time, or at run time through proc. This
> would not be an improvement, but hey, it's linux, and we can do anything we
> want.
>
> Some examples that we came up with:
>
> "Yeah, yeah, he said dump."
> "Oh my god, they taped the brutal slaying of Kenny!"

Gotta love the south park idea.....

> I am not nescessarily saying someone else should do it. I just posted here
> before I got started on it myself. If someone else beats me to the punch,
> then great.
>
> Also, why not have most of the error messages configurable? Ie kernel
> translations into other languages?
>
> Adam

as long as the customizeable error message was accompanied by a message
saying what the error actually was, it would be fine, but i can see myself
getting pissed off because i changed all my error messages, and can't
figure out what the problem actually is.