Re: re-detect SCSi bus?

Kevin Lentin (kevinl@cs.monash.edu.au)
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 11:04:29 +1100

On Sun, Mar 15, 1998 at 09:43:42PM -0500, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
> This is not a kernel issue at all. Just get a copy of "mount" and
> add any features you want. The mount program can certainly read
> the /proc file system and force a re-scan of SCSI if, and only if,
> a SCSI interface is detected.

HOW? How do you make Linux rescan the scsi bus? Manually do a remove-device
and add-device for every possible combo?

The only way I know is to unmount everything, remove all modules and then
start from scratch. And the chances of doing that on any non-toy system is
zero.

--
[     Kevin Lentin               Email: K.Lentin@cs.monash.edu.au      ]