Re: 2.0.33 kernel crash -- details

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 22:33:32 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, B. James Phillippe wrote:

> Hi Chris. Unfortunately, you didn't mention what type of ethernet card you
> have, and what driver you're using (if not the stock kernel one for
> 2.0.33). This information could be very helpful in determining the cause
> and solution to your problem.

Apologies. We have a 3c590 Vortex card in our machine. We are using driver
V0.46C since this was rock solid for over 100 days of uptime under 2.0.32.
During these 100 days of uptime over 2,000,000,000 (2billion) packets were
handled without flaw. I am not doubting the network driver at this stage.

Didn't someone isolate a specific wait queue corruption present in 2.1.x
that is also present in 2.0.33?

Chris