Re: ISSUE: 2.0.33 oops

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@work.noris.de)
6 Mar 1998 00:33:08 +0100

jgoerzen@complete.org (John Goerzen) writes:
> From dmesg:
>
> APM BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x07 (Driver version 1.2)
> [...]
> general protection: 0040
> kfree of non-kmalloced memory: 0019d3c4, next= 00000000, order=0

Check that your memory size (you didn't report it) is correct.
Did you change any settings in drivers/char/apm_bios.c?
You might want to try a newer 2.1.x kernel, it claims have some Thinkpad
changes in that file.

NB: Watch your language, please. Bugs or kernel crashes are called bugs or
kernel crashes. They're called an "issue" only by Micro$oft spin doctors
and similarly-minded people (I use that last word loosely...).

--
Matthias Urlichs
noris network GmbH