Re: Big bug in UMSDOS on 2.1.88

Matija Nalis (mnalis@public.srce.hr)
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 03:27:56 +0100

On Tue, Mar 03, 1998 at 08:56:02AM +0100, Christoph Lorenz wrote:

> I know, UMSDOS is still in progress, but yesterday, I ran into big
> troubles with UMSDOS, since it corrupted the FAT structure. A (successful)
> run of scandisk freed more than 10 MB of unchained blocks!

I'm actually quite surprised that you managed to write anything at umsdos
filesystem. I have barely touched that part yet.

> And I also was not able to create the special files of a /dev directory
> on an UMSDOS directory. It just told me "permission denied" or sth. similar.

PLEASE read /usr/src/linux/fs/umsdos/README-WIP.txt

It is clearly stated there that any attempt to write anything will most
surely lead to filesystem corruption. I have barely succeed to make that
part of code COMPILE. To make it at least partially working is completely
other story.

--
Opinions above are GNU-copylefted.