Re: Sporadious hang on 2.0.3[0,1,2,3,4pre2]

Keith Rowland (keithr@primenet.com)
Wed, 04 Mar 1998 15:55:49 -0700

Bjarni R. Einarsson wrote:
> + Answering calls, providing PPP or slirp (slip) to each user (max
> 64 users at a time, per box.).
> + IP masquerading.
> + Transparent WWW proxy.
> + IP accounting (tables modified on each hangup/login!).

Just to let you know, none of these items will be the problem. I run a
dedicated web server, that has NONE of the above options enabled, and it
locks up regularly.

> Before we blame the masquerading stuff.. note that the box with the highest
> uptime is also masquerading and transparently proxying for all my ISDN

Again, I have none of these in my box, anyway.

> These machines were on a network with a bunch of (even more) unstable Win95
> boxes, a few NT servers and some Cisco routers. The Win95 boxes just moved

My first location had a MAC server on the same subnet, but at my new
location I'm not sure what is on the same net. I am supposed to be on my
own port. No known other box on the same subnet.

> The main differences are: the proxy and mail servers are both using the
> AIC7xxx SCSI driver. The modem boxes are the same without the SCSI stuff.

No SCSI drivers in mine, just IDE.