Re: PalmPilot (Was:GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source)

Kenneth Albanowski (kjahds@kjahds.com)
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 20:45:36 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Nicholas J. Leon wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Kenneth Albanowski wrote:
>
> # > tasks. But in order to be fully functional, the libc needs to be ported to
> # > the 68000 flat memory model. Also expect to get more RAM.
> #
> # A libc is being ported (from an 8086 libc, if I remember correctly), and
> # the point about needing RAM isn't quite right: uClinux should easily run
>
> It was my understanding that GlibC _has_ been ported to it. At least, I
> see applications on the web that require it.
>
> Am I in error here?

Glibc ported to the 68000? Perhaps, I wouldn't know. I was referring to
the microcontroller-Linux project, which needs a very compact & tidy libc.
I honestly haven't looked much at full Linux or GNU libc.