Re: Massize disk corruption under 2.1.88 (and 2.1.84?)

Todd Roy (tmr@holstein.com)
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 12:38:55 -0500

What you describe below is what appeared to have had happened to
me "before". It was fairly recently, within the last few months.

I should point out this morning that before I tried to 2.1.89 I had
compiled 2.1.88 yet again (Don't ask me why). Also, I'm not *sure* other
parts of /usr are not screwed up, I just didn't have time to check.
But I brought up my system this morning, compiled
2.1.88, applied pre-2.1.89-5, tried to compile again and the fun started so hopefully
thats all that got messed up.

The last time I was all over /usr changing things, ie as you say "serious
activity". I basically had to restore from tape.

-- todd --