Re: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source

Jason McMullan (jmcc@pepsi.visus.com)
2 Mar 1998 11:34:55 GMT

mharris@ican.net wrote with confidence:

> On 26 Feb 1998, Jason McMullan wrote:
>> The current EvStack code works on these principles (most of which
>> were learned in the GGI 0.0.9 devel process). The implemention of
>> the /dev/graph is like this:
>>
>> *) Only _one_ graphics app can open a VT at a time.

> Yuk! I'm hope, and am sure this will change though...

> I like to run ZGV on one console, and X is usually running as
> well. I often run other console graphics apps such as splaymidi,
> and Quake, etc...

> It would be a bummer to only be able to run one gfx app on the
> console.

Did I say console? No... I _think_ I said `per VT'. As
in, on VT 1 I run Quake. On VT 2 I run ZGV. On VT 3 I run XDM.
On VT 4 ....

> Mike A. Harris | Homepage: http://blackwidow.saultc.on.ca/~mharris
> Computer Consultant |
> I collect and browse commercial email sent to: root@127.0.0.1

> -

Jason McMullan - Linux - GGI - http://pepsi.visus.com/~jmcc
NT 5.0 is the last nail in the Unix coffin. Interestingly, Unix
isn't in the coffin... It's wondering what the heck is sealing
itself into a wooden box 6 feet underground...