Re: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source

mharris@ican.net
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 21:25:26 -0500 (EST)

On 26 Feb 1998, Jason McMullan wrote:

> Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote with confidence:
> > 1. If you only allow one user to have the frame buffer a time and keep
> > context on switches.
> >
> > 2. If you dont pull MMU stunts to fault/block other tasks touching
> > the memory during such events. Also note most operations take so
> > few cycles a non scheduling spin is no big deal (SMP needs the mmu
> > stunt always alas).
>
> The current EvStack code works on these principles (most of which
> were learned in the GGI 0.0.9 devel process). The implemention of
> the /dev/graph is like this:
>
> *) Only _one_ graphics app can open a VT at a time.

Yuk! I'm hope, and am sure this will change though...

I like to run ZGV on one console, and X is usually running as
well. I often run other console graphics apps such as splaymidi,
and Quake, etc...

It would be a bummer to only be able to run one gfx app on the
console.

Mike A. Harris | Homepage: http://blackwidow.saultc.on.ca/~mharris
Computer Consultant |
I collect and browse commercial email sent to: root@127.0.0.1