Re: Kernel coding style? [JED setup scripts?]

Kurt Garloff (garloff@kg1.ping.de)
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 10:10:45 +0100

On Fri, Feb 27, 1998 at 10:29:40PM -0600, Bart Kus wrote:
> Where are the specs on how to write code in the proper kernel
> "motif?" And are there any JED scripts that I could just directly plug
> in and get going? Any emacs scripts?

see /usr/src/linux/Documentation/CodingStyle for a description of the Kernel
Style. There are a few line of emacs (lisp) code included in this file to
setup your emacs editor to conform with it. For jed, use the following
settings:
C_INDENT = 8;
C_BRACE = 0;
C_BRA_NEWLINE = 0;
C_CONTINUED_OFFSET = 8;

I put these in my .jedrc.

My version of jed sometimes gets confused by certain characters within
comment (or whatever), so it's indentation sometime doesn't work as expected.

--
Kurt Garloff, Dortmund
<K.Garloff@ping.de>