Re: Fix for thread+network crashes in 2.0/2.1?

Joshua M. Thompson (funaho@jurai.org)
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:50:40 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> So I'll just have to again ask for kernel dumps when the problem happens,
> because I can't currently think of anything that would leak file
> information across a close any more.. Maybe there is another type of
> thread-related problem somewhere.

Our Typhoon server is currently coming up on a 2.1.89-3 system as I type
this. I've set syslog to record all kernel messages onto our main server
over the network. so if I'm lucky, when it bombs out I'll get a copy of
the oops message.

--
funaho@jurai.org             | I'm a man who's sick, but I got class
http://www.jurai.org/~funaho | Cuz you only got respect when you're kickin' ass