Re: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source

Mike Jagdis (mike@roan.co.uk)
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 10:26:42 +0000 (GMT/BST)

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Stefan Mars wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Pavel Machek wrote:
>
> > 1) It is step back: we used to have loadable keymaps. With ggi, kernel
> > contains files such as keyboard_english.c. Even if it is not run-time
> > bloat, it is source bloat.
>
> Fixed by EvStack. It's being worked on already. We have to fix it to be
> able to handle multiple keyboards connected to the same machine.

I don't suppose the key mapping could be "fixed" in such a way
that mappings could be attached to any old tty line rather than
just PC keyboards? It would often be useful to be able to do
key mappings on terminals as well. Some terminals can even send
PC scancodes if you want...

Mike

|  Mike Jagdis                  |  Internet:  mailto:mike@roan.co.uk   |
|  Roan Technology Ltd.         |                                      |
|  54A Peach Street, Wokingham  |  Telephone:  +44 118 989 0403        |
|  RG40 1XG, ENGLAND            |  Fax:        +44 118 989 1195        |