Re: Zip drive SCSI layer cock-up?

Matthew Kirkwood (weejock@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 21:08:08 +0000 (GMT)

On 15 Feb 1998, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> > Not in 2.1.84+. autofs doesn't work at all... At least, all versions
> > after the "unlikely occurrence" fix are broken for me. This isn't a
>
> You know, you could have reported this bug. autofs was horribly
> broken in 2.1.84, but 2.1.85 should have been fine.

It might have, but I don't think I tried 85.

Hang on...

<fx: Runs to other room with autofs failure box in>

<grovel>

Ooops. It seems to work fine now with CDs and Minix disk images, so it
must just be the floppy driver which is causing problems.

Sorry.

</grovel>

Out of curiosity, how could dodgy media (i.e. broken block driver) cause a
"lookup on existing dentry"? Does autofs make the dentry first and then
find that it has to retry the mount a few times?

Matthew.