Re: Mail reflector !!!

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 11:35:56 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Jauder Ho wrote:

> hmm I guess that is why my procmail filter caught it :)
>
> 163643 3087 53 formail -D 32768 misc/msgid.cache
>
> it keeps a cache of msgids so that dulplicates get discarded :)

I've been using the same sort of filter for a while. About a year ago
(before majordomo had any decent filtering built in) I setup majordomo at
our site to filter list submissions through procmail. That makes it
possible to do all sorts of filtering...like perhaps dupe filtering via a
message-id cache.