Re: Finding mysterious 2.0.33 crashes -- Please help

Robert Shepard (rmshep@mt.net)
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 08:18:56 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, G. Sumner Hayes wrote:

> Has anyone had mysterious hangups in 2.0.33 (total hang, no messages in
> logs, no oops) who is _not_ using an Adaptec SCSI driver? It could help
> narrow the range of code to be checked if that's a common factor in all
> these cases. Also, has anyone had this problem who is _not_ using an
> NE2000 ethernet card? Who is _not_ using a PS/2 mouse? Who is _not_
> using glibc?
>
> Let's try to figure out the commonalities of our systems. My first
> suspicion is the 2940 driver.

I had this problem. I installed a new mother board, rebooted to fix the
on board serial ports, then it never stayed up again. I posted a message
but didnt get much help.

I took out an old hard drive, reformatted a new hard drive and reinstalled
linux on the new hard drive. Not a problem since.

I am usisng ne2000 adapter, I have a buslogic pci controller.

FWIW.

bob