rtlinux and X, possible kernel problems ?

Peter T. Waltenberg (peterw@karaka.chch.cri.nz)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:26:22 +1300 (NZDT)

This is a followup of a post to the rt-linux mailing list.
Daniele Lugli first spotted a problem with interupt handling in RT tasks under X
and did some digging. The X server is apparently doing global cli/sti's.

The reason I've forwarded this to the kernel list is that my personal experience
has been that Linux has always been much more stable not running X.
I suspect that this may be causing problems for things other than RT-Linux

It's also the best argument I've seen so far for why GGI should make it into the
kernel.

Comments anyone ?

Peter