RE: 2.1.85 and umdos

Peter T. Waltenberg (peterw@karaka.chch.cri.nz)
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 13:40:24 +1300 (NZDT)

On 10-Feb-98 Geoff Oakham wrote:
> Greetings again,
>
> [2.1.85]/fs/umdos/dir.c has problems. Specifically I've tried to
> compile it as a module under 2.1.80 and 2.1.85, and they both fail. If
> that's not enough detail, let me know.
>
> Geoff

The umsdos version currently in the 2.1 kernels is badly broken. It is
being worked on. The major kernel/umsdos guru's have been busy so it's
been slow going.

It should however be available again "sometime soon".
Uvfat will probably be trivial to implement once umsdos is working once again.

Current status:
umsdos no longer kills the kernel and quite a bit works however the things
that make umsdos worthwhile (like symlinks etc) aren't working.

As a comment, it's trivial to get umsdos to compile cleanly, making it work
properly is far more difficult.

Peter
E-Mail: P.Waltenberg@irl.cri.nz
Date: 11-Feb-98