Re: 2.1.83: Sound, SB16, Modules, MIDI?

Hannu Savolainen (hannu@opensound.com)
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 18:51:40 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Jim Bray wrote:

> I have been wrestling with sound, particularly with trying to get the
> stuff to work as a module. The documentation in drivers/sound is mostly
> irrelevant and erroneous, and the docs on www.opensound.com were about the
> same.
The documentation is not up to date with the modularized driver included
in 2.1.x kernels. It covers just the "original" 3.8s version which is
still available for Linux 2.0.x versions.

I have not been involved in the modularization work and I don't see why I
should be responsible in keeping the drivers/sound/Readme* files or the
web site up to date with it. If somebody is willing to rewrite the
documentation, please feel free to do so.

Best regards,

Hannu
-----
Hannu Savolainen (hannu@opensound.com)