Re: Suitable chipset for a pocket linux box

Mark H. Wood (mwood@mhw.OIT.IUPUI.EDU)
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 12:44:39 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Erik Corry wrote:
> > In article <m0xwvSv-0005FsC@lightning.swansea.linux.org.uk> you wrote:
> > > [Is it a digital, intel or compaq StrongARM nowdays ??]
> > Sold to Intel.
>
> Isn't the proper terminology "assimilated"?

I thought the proper term was "licensed". According to Digital's
announcement of the Intel settlement (which I have right here) the only
thing that Digital sold outright (to Intel anyway) was the fab itself.
The chips are still owned by Digital. My understanding of the latest deal
is that Digital still owns the chips, but Compaq owns all of Digital.
(Kinda like asking if your dog owns his collar, or you do.)

A bug on the windshield of an onrushing future.