RE: PCI probing problem

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=22F=E4ltman=2C_Mikael=22?= (mifal@wmdata.com)
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 08:59:42 +0100

Hello.

The problem:
My Iwill P55XUW TX chipset motherboard (SCSI disabled in BIOS) reboots
after these messages
Probing PCI hardware <... something ..>
Calibrating delay loop <... something ....>
Then it reboots, and repeats the same thing.

My question:
The IDE disk that I boot from boots ok in an other maskin.
What puzzels my is that I can't see anything written in
/var/adm/messages or syslog from the failed boot when it rebooted. Isn't
he supposed to write back to those files during the boot process ?
Is this why it keep rebooting becource he can't write to disk ?

I've tryed booting whith RedHat boot disk and Slackware bare.i.
Also compiled 2.0.33 whith pathes like
pci-conf2, pci-reboot, pci-sanity-check and reload.
No modules.

Please help.

:=( Mikael

Mikael Fältman, WM-data Dataservice AB
Ivögatan 5, Box 164, 295 22 Bromölla
Telefon 0456-47541, Telefax 0456-25025, Mobiltel 070-5543244
e-post: mifal@wmdata.com
X.400: G=Mikael; S=Faltman; O=BRO3; P=WMDATA; A=WMDATA; C=SE