Re: OFFTOPIC: Linux Penguin hawking Apple Quicktime?!?

Mathew Burrack (neville@vm.sc.edu)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:46:05 -0500

A few things here to comment on:

A. Is the Linux Penguin even trademarked? If it isn't, then there's nothing
to do about it.
B. It seems to make a bit of sense, given that Rhapsody is basically Unix.
Maybe not a whole lot of sense, but some.
C. Maybe this is a sign? Just like Netscape Corp. is now, through their
license of the source to Communicator, supporting Linux and its programmers,
among others, perhaps Apple is leaning towards that direction. It would make
sense, especially if they want to make people flock towards Rhapsody.

D. For those looking for this supposed 'clone' of the Linux penguin, just
visit the QuickTime website (www.quicktime.apple.com brings you right
there). It should be on the first page, or somewhere near it.

Just some thoughts there.

Regards,
Mathew Burrack