Re: OFFTOPIC: Linux Penguin hawking Apple Quicktime?!?

G. Sumner Hayes (zumner@collegium.adsl.net.cmu.edu)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:47:22 -0500

On Tue, Jan 27, 1998 at 11:01:12AM -0500, Brad Keryan wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, C. Scott Ananian wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 26 Jan 1998 Brian Topping <topping@mauswerks.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I was really disappointed to install Apple QuickTime developer release
> > > for Windoze, only to find a silhouette of the back of the Linux Penguin.
> > > I was insulted when a later screen had a full frontal of the closest
> > > thing to the brother of the Penguin that I have seen.
> >
> > You should probably take a screenshot and post it somewhere so we know
> > what you're talking about. I would guess that most of us here on this
> > list don't run Windows much.
>
> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/
> seems to be it...

The Apple penguin is clearly a different penguin from the Linux penguin.
(The Apple penguin also looks like he's been breathing too much nitrous
oxide, but that's a different subject). Maybe this should move to
comp.os.linux.misc?

-Sumner

--
c'est ne pas un .sig