Re: atx shutdown itself with no warining, hardware bug????

James Mastros (root@jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org)
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 17:36:30 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> My atx Active I Admiral matherboard support the shutdown power saving
> option. So it' s able to shutdown the power via software.

[...]
> After that strange shutdown (that I supposed due to
> Windows or Direct X or so on...) the machine don' t restart the power for
> 5 min also pressing the power on button. This happened also with one
> another game even if less reproducible. So I told my brother to not use
> that videogames.
It sounds like, even if the APM implementation itself isn't buggy, the way
that they implement power-off is. I suguest that you turn off APM support
in your computer's BIOS setup.

-=- James Mastros

--
   "I'd feel worse if it was the first time.  I'd feel better if it was
   the last."