Re: Suitable chipset for a pocket linux box

Richard Guy Briggs (rgb@conscoop.flora.org)
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 15:35:03 -0500 (EST)

> From: jmcc@grits.visus.com (Jason McMullan)
> Date: 26 Jan 1998 17:17:01 GMT
> Subject: Re: Suitable chipset for a pocket linux box

In fact, Corel Computer has used the SrongArm with Linux as the core of
their new Video Network Computer -- zippy little box!

> ARM. Low power consumption varieties available, reasonably
> good support from the manufacturer(s), As of 2.1.79 mainlined
> kernel support, etc. And cheap, too.
>
> See http://www.arm.com for more details
>
> From: Stephen Williams <steve@icarus.icarus.com>
> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 09:33:24 -0800
> Subject: Re: Suitable chipset for a pocket linux box
>
> Try Digital StrongARM. This is an ARM processor that has real compute
> power and (supposedly) very low power consumption. There is a Linux/ARM
> port in the works, I think even running, somewhere.
>
> <http://www.digital.com/semiconductor/strongarm/strongar.htm>

Slainte Mhath, rgb

--
Richard Guy Briggs -- PGP key available                       Auto-Free Ottawa!
rgb at conscoop dot flora dot org                     http://www.flora.org/afo/

"We left our footprints in the Earth And punched a hole right through the sky" -- S.Hogarth/J.Helmer(Marillion)