Re: where is everyone or is linux stable ?

Aaron M. Ucko (amu@MIT.EDU)
24 Jan 1998 22:54:21 -0500

Norbert Veber <none@vtech.dyn.ml.org> writes:

> How about a private news server then? ie. news.vger.rutgers.edu, it would
> be just as hard to find as the mailing list itself, and (correct me if I'm
> wrong) usenet is more efficient for distributing messages to this many
> people then email. Not everyone wants to read every message posted to the

The main benefit of Usenet is that the messages are distributed across
a large network of servers. If all the readers of linux-kernel
pointed their news readers at a single machine, they would hose it to
the ground.

--
Aaron M. Ucko <amu@mit.edu> (finger amu@monk.mit.edu) [Stark raving sane]