Re: More patches for 2.1.81+alpha

James Mastros (root@jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org)
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 22:03:32 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998, Robert Thomas wrote:
> "Steven N. Hirsch" <shirsch@ibm.net> recently wrote...
> >All,
> >
> >Here are the latest round of patches to build 2.1.81 for UP
> >(single-processor, for the mnemonically-deprived) machines. Tested on
> >6x86 and Alpha.
>
> As a minor point, you're hard-coding the CPU into the alpha code here, which
> will break a future implementation of Alpha/SMP.. Updated patch (to
> 2.1.81) is
> attached..

Wait a sec... You are only going to have one processor, but it isn't going
to be the first one (IE number zero)? This dosn't make much sense to me
(morover, it seems like a waste of memory -- arrays start at zero, so you
use <whatever the number of the one cpu>+1 times the memory you need.)

-=- James Mastros