Re: 2.1.80 knfsd prevents clean unmounting of exported FS.

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 21:47:22 -0500

ak@muc.de wrote:

> Thanks for the tip. It is a little bit unintuive though. How about
> automatically revoking all exports when the last kernel nfsd daemon
> is killed (this would happen during shutdown)? I doubt that it would
> be too much code/kernel bloat, and it would prevent some surprises
> (especially for linux machines that don't use SYSV style startup scripts
> where the concept of a 'service stop' is natural, but BSD style scripts
> instead)

OK, I'll take a look and see what's involved in revoking exports when
shutting down.

I'm hoping that once knfsd becomes the mainstream server that the
various distributions will adapt their startup scripts.

Regards,
Bill