Re: 2.1.80 no-go

Linux-Kernel Mail Account (kernel@whitestar.soark.net)
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 08:07:56 -0500 (EST)

The reasoning is really quite clear with some histroy..
Before smartconfig (rescently added) everything was in one .config file
and making a change to any option made you need to recompile massive
ammounts of the kernel, adding SMP as a config option added even more of
the kernel to the list, so it was make a makefile option, from what I hear
it will became a config option once again soon enough...

Zephaniah E, Hull..