Re: Some warnings in 2.1.79

Dan Merillat (dan@merillat.org)
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 19:59:32 -0500

"Ruslan V. Brushkoff" writes:

> Hi.
>
> Got this while compiling with pgcc-2.91.03 :
>
> /usr/src/linux-2.1/include/asm/string.h:448: warning: control reaches end
> of non-void function
> /usr/src/linux-2.1/include/asm/string.h: In function
> `__constant_c_and_count_memset':
> /usr/src/linux-2.1/include/asm/string.h:599: warning: control reaches end
> of non-void function

It looks like it's never reached. I just put in a return s; or return to;
in the appropriate place.

BTW: PGCC (EGCS/gcc 2.8...) has a bunch of warnings (besides the stupid
sign-compare one) that should probably be fixed. Mostly control reaches end
of non-void, complaints about const var instead of const type var, and
and a few if bla; if bla; else bla; complaints.

Nothing code critical (all warnings) but it should probably be cleaned up.

My personal tree has a lot of this taken care of... I'll try to strip out
the non-cleanup patches and submit it.

Anyone interested in CONFIG_ECGS? (mucks with arch/i386/Makefile to switch
-m486 to -mpentium and -mppro, since they are now valid archetectures,
plus goes to -O6 and turns off some bogus warnings and alignment restrictions)

--Dan