Re: CD Partition (was: scsi naming (was: devfs patch v3))

Matthew Kirkwood (weejock@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 03:24:25 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Steven S. Dick wrote:

> I've got a cdrom that has 12 music tracks followed by a HFS data track
> and then an ISO 9660 data track. This disk works wonderfully with W95
> and with MacOS, but Linux chokes trying to mount the first music track.

I've got several of these, too. smbfs shouldn't have to be the answer for
these...

> I was amused to notice that when I put a music cd in an SGI, it
> automounted it, and made a directory containing all the music tracks...
> I can immagine what it might do with this mixed cd, but I haven't trid
> it. (Maybe I will tomorrow.)

Cool. I am currently (well, was -- it has slightly fallen by the wayside
ATM :) working on a CD audio filesystem, which will make an audio CD
appear as a set of wav files.

I'm sure there's only a couple of hours hacking left, so I might be able
to make a patch available for 2.3 :-)

Matthew.