Re: 3.0 wishlist Was: Overview of 2.2.x goals?

Mon, 19 Jan 1998 20:35:10 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Marc Lewis wrote:

> AIX also does this (the last time I played with AIX - x86 version, anyway - about 5 years
> ago). If the kernel were to panic, it would prompt you to either reboot, or
> insert blank disks in the floppy to save the dump to.
>
> Just a thought....

OS/2 Warp (at least version 3) can optionally do the same thing.
However, I have yet to (well, during the couple years I extensively
dealt with Warp) see it be useful to anybody for anything.

Simon Karpen slk@shodor.org
Sysadmin, Shodor Education Foundation

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,
Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
-- Charles Babbage