Re: 2.1.79 + latest smbfs patch

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 13:27:21 -0500

David Burrows wrote:

> Its still a no go on my system I'm afraid. I am scratching my head at the
> moment as to why some people report success and others don't. I run
> RedHat 5 here, which means glibc2, maybe that causes a problem with the
> mount tools.. Well I know it does, because I had to fiddle with the
> includes to get it to compile. Changed a few things like, where files
> caused problems I'd delete the include reference.. and then define what
> was missing manually.

I thought of some tests you could do to check whether there's a glibc
problem. If you check the definition of the mount structure passed to
smbfs (in smbfs/inode.c, smb_read_super), the values in here must agree
with what's being passed from the smbount program. So if you print them
out on the userland side and again in the kernel (just add some
printks), all the values should agree.

If something isn't right, it may be a difference in the glibc definition
(e.g. a short vs a long.)

Regards,
Bill