Re: Kernel 2.0.33 can not be compiled by gcc libc 5.4.23 and 5.4.33?

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 09:53:19 -0500

Frank Peng wrote:

> In the file /usr/include/unistd.h line 131 before __lseek, there is a
> parse error. After that even more parse errors and lots warnings.
> Do I have to re-compile my compiler? I am rushing to setup a linux ppp.
> It seems to me thare are ten thousand miles to go. Please help!!!!

Try checking the setup of your include directories, and make sure you
have a symlink linux -> linux-2.xxx in your /usr/src/ directory.

Are you able to compile any other packages besides the kernel? The linux
distribution you installed with should have supplied working binaries of
the tools you need.

Regards,
Bill