Re: Using >1GB RAM

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 00:57:12 +0100 (MET)

Noah Beck wrote:

> My guess for the performance per MHz increase in the PPro is their
> branch prediction algorithms; they were trying lots of them at that
> time, I think, and it could be that the higher-MHz generation got a
> better algorithm.

I'd think that you'd test it with one PPro at different speeds. Just
rejumper the motherboard and test again.

If you want the latest branch-prediction algorithms, update your
microcode.

Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** +31-15-2137555 ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ **
Florida -- A 39 year old construction worker woke up this morning when a