Re: [Feature Wish] GGI in Linux 2.3

Jordan Mendelson (jordy@wserv.com)
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 00:21:33 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> >> mucked with it too much, but is a nice step in the right
> >> direction I believe. "The Right Thing to Do" (TM)
> >
> >What kind of system do you have? m68k? PPC? Alpha? SPARC? MIPS?
>
> They didn't test it on any of those?? Sounds incredible .... What platforms
> (Linux-xise) does GGI support??

Well, I'm bored so I'll bite.

KGI (the kernel part of GGI) was initially for ia32 & m68k, however they
ran into some trouble and stopped working on the m68k version until
EvStacks is in working order (/dev/graph support). Really, the code is
quite portable and there is little architecture specific code.

EvStacks is probably one of the best features I'd like to see put into
Linux.

Jordan

--
Jordan Mendelson     : www.wserv.com/~jordy/