Re: genksyms analysis

Eric W. Biederman (ebiederm+eric@npwt.net)
30 Dec 1997 19:30:41 -0600

ML> I cannot propose a solution at the moment; I'll need to try a couple
ML> of things first. Please let me know what you think.

This is an idea that has been bouncing around in my head.
Could we have modules that exported an old interface?

In the trivial case of a symbol not needing a new version (but getting it).
All that would have to be done would be to write a module that loads,
exports some new symbols, and unloads, leaving the extra symbols
exported.

For more tricky things we could possibly support the old interface
with backwards compatibility modules.

Eric