Re: compile problems with 2.1.76

Fri, 26 Dec 97 18:55:10 +1000

>Compiling 2.1.76 with 'advanced router' seems to cause a kernel compile
>error:

Enable CONFIG_NETLINK and it should all work. This problem has been in
since the ADVANCED_ROUTER has first appeared. I posted a message asking
for help about this (and got no replies), and I'm not sure exactly how
things are supposed to work in this regard. Maybe NETLINK should be
compulsory if ADVANCED_ROUTER is set. Maybe things should be set so that
ADVANCED_ROUTER stuff works without NETLINK. I don't know what it's really
supposed to do so I can't fix this (I just always turn on NETLINK).