Re: Smart Config 2.1.76 available

Jauder Ho (jauderho@transmeta.com)
Thu, 25 Dec 1997 22:33:37 -0800 (PST)

for autoloading.. someeone else told me this today... put this in your
/etc/conf.modules file

alias char-major-14 <sound module> ---> this would be gus for me...

--Jauder

On Thu, 25 Dec 1997, James Mastros wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Dec 1997, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> > Hello kernel hackers,
> >
> > Smart Config 2.1.76 is at:
> >
> > <ftp://ftp.shout.net/pub/users/mec/patch/smart-config.2176>
> >
> > This version has no new features; it has minor changes to track
> > the kernel source.
>
> Once again, It Works For Me. (Fresh tree, this time... I was skipping
> patch-2.1.72, and couldn't figure out where all the rejects were comming
> from). I have had some problems with CONFIG_UART401, but it seems that
> that's common (I'm using the patch already posted here -- remove the test
> for CONFIG_UART401=y). Also, modules_install complains:
> Installing modules under /lib/modules/2.1.76/cdrom
> cp: sound_syms.o: No such file or directory
> Installing modules under /lib/modules/2.1.76/misc
>
> BTW - has anybody been working on autoloading of sound modules? And
> possibly splitting sound & nfs to /lib/modules/'uname -r'/nfs and .../sound?
>
> -=- James Mastros
>
> --
> Information as a base of power is coming to an end. In the way the world
> works tomorrow, the power to *do* *something* *with* *information* is what
> will matter.
>
> -=- James Mastros, rephrasing Nugget (David McNett, distributed.net
> Big Man)

HANDLE WITH EXTREME CARE: This Message Contains Minute Electrically
Charged Particles Moving at Velocities in Excess of Five Hundred Million
Miles Per Hour.