Re: How to submit a new kernel feature.

John Heil (kerndev@scsoftware.tea-house.com)
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 21:20:08 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Dave Cinege wrote:

> Just about done with adding a new kernel feature.
>
> What is the proper procedure to submit it to Linus (or whoever) for includsion in
> future 2.0 and 2.1 kernels?
>
> BTW: is the kernel list really this dead, or are there problems with the rutgers
> mailing list? Been this slow for a few months now.... (maybe a post a day is all I'm
> averaging)

No, its not dead. I still get my usual 30+ posts a day. Sometimes tho
if my isp or upstream takes a hit, I may experience a short lull, say
4-6 hours, then catch-up usually happens. On the rare long outage, I
suspect I may miss a bit but all in all, its fine.

John Heil
South Coast Software
1-714-774-6952
kerndev@scsoftware.tea-house.com